Sunday, July 29, 2012

CONFLICT RESOLUTIONS

I have learned many skills and strategies this week that may be useful when dealing with conflict. The two that I think will be the most beneficial to me are the Win/Win Approach and showing Appropriate Assertivenss. The Win/Win Approach from the Conflict Resolution Network gives both sides the opportunity to benefit from the conflict because needs are being met for everyone. Opponents quickly become partners and learn to work together. In this form of resolution the problem is attacked and not the people. Appropriate Assertiveness is a conflict resolution skill that I think I need to use more when involved in conflict. I am usually not a very assertive person and I think this fact makes me seem more of a push over. I have learned that a key aspect of solving conflict is to make sure that both sides are clearly represented. References: Conflict Resolution Network. (n.d.). CR kit. Retrieved from http://www.crnhq.org/pages.php?pID=12#skill_3

No comments:

Post a Comment