Sunday, October 21, 2012

Creating Art: The Meaning of Diversity

>Can Anybody Hear Me? My world is spinning out of control Can you hear me…Can you help? Is there anybody out there… Rejected, Neglected, why not Protected? But there’s hope, everyone will not let me down. There is a better place. A world living in love, peace, and harmony A world where I am not judged by society because of the way I look But a world where my needs are met, my life is valued, and my spirit is free. Can Anybody Hear Me? Throughout this course we have learned that diversity means accepting others for their differences. We should move away from biases and stereotypes that threathened to tear us down as a people. We should be willing to build up each other so that society can prosper and benefit those who live in it. I wrote the poem above from the perspective of a child who needs our voice, our love, and our advocacy as early childhood caregivers to make a difference in his/her life.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa,

    I what a great poem, I really enjoyed reading it. I think that your poem was on point with what a child might actually be feeling, because as a child trying to make sense of this cold, cold world he or she might feel the same emotions that are expressed in your poem. Thank for putting into words how cruel this world is.

    ReplyDelete